Happy 57th birthday Singapore! Sign Up Now and Get 57% OFF, FOREVER!
Let's Have an Easy Peasy
Secondary School Journey
Let's Have an Easy Peasy Secondary School Journey
O Level | N Level | GCSE | IGCSE
Journey to the 40/40 club. Step by step to achieve the full MCQ scores for all science subjects.
Intelligent practices that will teach you and guide you to the perfect score.
Interactive smart lesson that makes learning fun and effortless.
Ten Years Series Pro
TYS IS OFFICIALLY ALIVE!
With A.I. tutors integration, TYS Pro⁺ can now teach you and guide you on the spot!
Foice™ Audio Learner
A.I. powered natural voice audio reader that will read any subject guide for you! Made for the auditory learners.
Highlight a few words or the whole Paragraphs to see how awesome is Foice!
Hi there! My name is Foice. I am your auditory study buddy, and I am specialised in reading any text for you. To summon me, simply highlight any text.
Social Studies Sample
Social Studies A1 Cheat Sheet, Topic 8 Lesson 2.
Developments in Transportation
The World Has “Shrunk”
- The world seems to have “shrunk” in terms of the time needed to get from one place to another.
- This is achieved through improvements in the size and speed of the different modes of transportation.
- With the increasing mobility of goods and people, it is important to have an efficient transport network worldwide, which includes airports, seaports, railways and highways to make it possible for more goods and people to be moved around easily. In addition, improvements made to the size and speed of transportation modes enabled more goods and people to be carried per trip. This led to savings in transport cost.
- When goods and people can be moved around quickly at a lower cost, it facilitates the process through which people’s activities and ideas become interconnected.
- For example: air transportation has evolved and improved drastically over the years. In 1903, the first engineered plane, the Wright 1903-Flyer with a capacity of 1 passenger was created.
- The first 16-passenger commercial aeroplane was created in 1913. A more advanced commercial passenger aeroplane with a capacity of 853 passengers is the largest and most advanced model in 2006.